This Sugar donuts is so simple and delicious to make. The fun part about this donut is when you get to shape the donuts. When frying the donuts, it does not take a lot of time.
I decide to put some sugar on the donuts, but if you do not like sugar, you can put what every glaze or topping of your desire. Kids and adults would love these donuts because you can make your own dounts. You will like these donuts a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy!!!
200 g All purpose flour
3g instant yeast
1 egg (room temperature)
20g of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
15g unsalted butter melted (room temperature)
460 g of water
add some more water if the dough is dry
a bowl of sugar to coat the donuts
1. Prepare all the ingredients and set it aside.
2. Use a clean bowl and add 200g all purpose flour 3g of instant yeast, 20g of sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, 15g of room temperature unsalted butter melted, 60g of cold water.
3. Use a spatula or a wooden spoon and stir in the middle to form a dough as much as you can.
4. Use your hands in a bowl and knead the dough. The dough will be very sticky. Do not forget to scrape off the pieces of dough that is stuck on your hands and fingers, by using some flours If the dough is dry, you can add a bit of water in the dough bit by bit until the dough is not dry, and keep on kneading for 8-10 minutes, until it spring back to the touch when you press on the dough with your finger.
5. Put oil inside around the bowl. and place your dough in the bowl. Pat some oil all around the dough. Use a plastic wrapper and cover the dough bowl. Let it sit and raise for 1 hour until it is double the size.
6. When the dough has been double in size. Take some flour and dust on your working surface and place the dough on the working surface. Take the rolling pin and add some flour on the rolling pin so that it will be easier to roll. Roll the dough into a square shape and not too thin.
7. Take a donut mold or a cup and make a couple of round donut shape. Then take a small roll tube and make a round circle in the middle. (If you do not have a donut mold) Take the middle part off. Try and peel off the dough edge pieces.
8. Place each dough donuts and the small pieces on the tray or plate. Let it set and raise for 30-40 minutes.
9. Take a sauce pan and put some oil and turn the heat to medium and wait until the sauce pan oil is hot.
10. Put in 2-4 donuts in the sauce pan oil. Keep an eye on the donuts. If one side is golden brown that means you need to flip the donut on the other side and cook until it is golden brown. When it is all ready, take it out and place it on the wire rack.
11. Take a bowl of sugar. While it is still warm and hot. Place the dounts in the sugar and coat it all around on both sides. Place all donuts on the plate.
12. Repeat the same steps for the rest of the donuts.
13. When it is all done, now you can eat and enjoy!!!!