This is a Walnut Lemon orange peel cake. This recipe is very easy to make and does not contain a lot of work. If you or any relatives and kids that have allergies to nuts, do not put any on the top for decoration. You can substitute for other kind of topping of your desire. This cake are very good to have for snack wile your in work or school. Once you try these making this walnut lemon orange peel cake, you would love them a lot. It is very delicious and yummy cake. Try the recipe and enjoy!!!
4 eggs (room temperature)
1-1/8 cups of 2% milk (room temperature)
2 cups of vegetable oil
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsps Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-3 tsps of Lemon juice from bottle. If use from a whole lemon
(save remaing of the juice)
1 whole Lemon peels or orange peel (your optional choice)
10 pieces of walnuts for decoration (note: if you are allergy to nut, you can
substitute with apple or orange pieces for the top decoration)
1. take 4 eggs out of the fridge. Use a medium side round container and put some hot water and soak the eggs in it, until it is room temperature.
2. pour the water out in the sink and set it aside/
3. Use a measuring cup and pour 1-1/8 cups of 2% milk and microwave for 45 seconds.
Take it out and let it cool until it is room temperature. (note: by using your finger and dip in the cup of milk, you will feel if it is warm, that mean it is room temperature)
4. Prepare all the ingredients and set it all on medium size tray.
5. First, peel the 1 whole lemon for use later (note: if you do not have a lemon, you
can use a orange for the peels)
5. Use 1-3 tsps of lemon or from a bottle of lemon juice.
6. ( if you already prepare the lemon juice and peels, you can eliminate this step)
7. preheat the oven at 350F continually until you are ready to bake.
1. Whip the eggs with an electric mixer and mix until you see a foam form.
2. Add in milk, oil sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. mix well (do not mix well
3. Sift in the flour slowly and mix until smooth.
4. Add 2-3 tsps lemon juice and lemon peel or orange peel. Mix well in the cake mixture with a spatula
1. Prepare 2 aluminum rectangle aluminum foil cake pan (7-15/16″ x 4″) (small) or 1 piece (9 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2 “) (Large) aluminum foil cake pan
2. Take a wax paper or parchment paper and cut a line on both end of the wax paper or parchment paper. Place it in the aluminum foil cake pans and fold it in and make sure it sticks in place.
3. Top sprinkle with walnuts (if you have allergy to nuts you can eleminate this step)
4. You can also sprinkle some cut up small pieces of apples or oranges of your desire choice.
1. Make sure the oven is preheated at 350F.
2. Bake for 40-50 minutes (for 2 small pans) For a large one bake for 50-60 min.
3. Check if it’s ready, Using a toothpick by inserting into the Walnut lemon orange peel cake. when it comes out clean, it is ready. If it does not come out clean then it means it need to be bake a little bit longer.
6. Release from oven and let it cool down for 5-10 minute before eating